MembershipsClasses & SeminarsHonors & AwardsRepresentative
Peter T. Fay has significant litigation experience in the areas of professional malpractice & liability defense, product liability defense, premises and general liability defense, and commercial litigation. His professional clients include real estate brokers and salespeople, appraisers, home inspectors, and surveyors. Clients also include physicians, attorneys, and insurance brokers and agents. In addition, Attorney Fay represents retailers, automobile manufacturers and distributors, hospitals, recreational facilities, and directors & officers. He also has represented manufacturers of consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices.
Attorney Fay is admitted to practice in both state and federal courts. He has successfully tried numerous jury and court cases. Furthermore, he has handled appeals in the Connecticut Appellate Court and the Connecticut Supreme Court. He also has represented clients in matters before the Department of Consumer Protection, the Commission on Human Rights & Opportunities, and the Department of Housing and Urban Development..
Attorney Fay has conducted numerous risk management seminars for professionals, including real estate brokers and salespeople, and physicians. He is a member of the American, Connecticut and New Haven County Bar Associations, the Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association, and the Defense Research Institute. He previously served as the Vice President of the New Haven Inn of Court.
Attorney Fay graduated from Fairfield University with a B.A. He then earned his law degree from the College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law. He practiced at Gager & Henry in Waterbury for four years before joining Neubert, Pepe & Monteith, P.C. in June 1994. Attorney Fay became a principal of the firm in November 1997.
- American Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- New Haven County Bar Association, Member
- Risk-Management Seminars for Health Care Professionals
- Risk-Management Seminars for Real Estate Professionals
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent
- Connecticut and New England Super Lawyer, 2009
- Saint Margaret’s-McTernan School v. Thompson, 31 Conn. App. 594 (1993)
- Bennett v. Auto Ins. Co., 32 Conn. App. 617 (1993)
- Bennett v. Auto Ins. Co., 230 Conn. 795 (1994)
- Napoletano v. CIGNA, 238 Conn. 216 (1996)
- Sullivan v. Yale-New Haven Hosp., 64 Conn. App. 750 (2001)
- Olynciw v. Stop&Shop Cos., 67 Conn. App.773 (2002)
- Maloney v. PCRE, 68 Conn. App. 727 (2002)
- Geenty, Inc. v. Smernoff, 2005 Conn. Super. Lexis 1571
- Geenty, Inc. v. Smernoff, 2005 Conn. Super. Lexis 2717
- Weichert, Inc. v. Orr, 2005 Conn. Super. Lexis 1464
- Shaw v. Freeman, 134 Conn. App 76 (2012)
- Baruno v. Slane, 151 Conn. App 386, cert. denied, 314 Conn. 920 (2014)
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- The College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, J.D.
- Fairfield University, B.A.