MembershipsCommunityHonors & Awards
Judy K. Weinstein graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Wellesley College. She earned her law degree from The University of Connecticut School of Law. Attorney Weinstein’s areas of practice include commercial finance, real estate financing, commercial workouts and restructures. In addition she practices business law, healthcare law, and commercial contracting. She represents local and national banks in the extension and collection of asset-based, commercial, mortgage and construction loans. Her health care practice includes counseling health care providers. These clients include individual physicians, physician practices, and home health care clients. Attorney Weinstein counsels on general business matters, integrated delivery system matters, regulatory issues, employment law matters, and financing transactions. Her real estate financing practice includes sales of REO properties, real estate acquisitions, real estate sales, and commercial leasing. Attorney Weinstein has also advised clients in connection with stock and asset sales and purchases.
Attorney Weinstein is a member of the Bridgeport Hospital Auxiliary. She is also a past co-chair of the Women’s Leadership Council (an affiliate of the Bridgeport Regional Business Council). In addition, she is a former ex-officio member of the Board of Directors of the Bridgeport Regional Business Council and a graduate of Class IX of Leadership Greater Bridgeport. She previously served on the Board of Directors of the Suzuki Music School of Westport, and is a past President and Annual Giving Representative of her Wellesley College class. She co-chaired the 11th Annual Speaking of Women Event of The Center for Women and Families of Eastern Fairfield County, Inc. Previously she served on the committee for the Annual Luncheon for the Women’s Auxiliary of The Jewish Home. Attorney Weinstein was a member of the Board of Assessment Appeals for the Town of Easton, Connecticut for over a decade.
Attorney Weinstein has lectured on commercial finance and health law issues. She is a Mentor in the Connecticut Bar Association Statewide Mentoring Program.
- American Bar Association, Member
- Business Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section
- Commercial Finance Section
- Business Law Section
- Real Property Section
- Health Law Section
- Connecticut Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association, Member
- The Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys, Member, Board of Directors
- Bridgeport Hospital Auxiliary
- Women's Leadership Council (affiliate of the Bridgeport Regional Business Council), Past Co-Chair
- Bridgeport Regional Business Council, Board of Directors, Past Ex-Officio Member
- Town of Easton, Connecticut Board of Assessment Appeals, Past Member
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent
- Bridgeport Regional Business Council Volunteer Award, 2002
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D.
- Wellesley College, B.A, Phi Beta Kappa, Wellesley College Scholar