MembershipsCommunityClasses & SeminarsPublicationsHonors & Awards
Jane Elaine Ballerini practices in the areas of commercial real estate law, commercial finance and general commercial and business law. She represents local and national banks in the extension of asset-based, mortgage and construction loans to commercial borrowers. Attorney Ballerini is one of a few practicing U. S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Designated Attorneys in the State. She has developed a subspecialty in representing traditional lenders and Certified Development Companies in transactions involving government guaranteed loans. These include loans made under the SBA’s CDC/504 and 7(a) loan programs.
Attorney Ballerini is a member of the Connecticut and New Haven County Bar Associations. She is also an active member of the Real Property Section of the Connecticut Bar Association, serving on both the Executive Committee and the Legislative Committee of that Section, and acting as liaison between the Section and Quinnipiac University for the Section’s annual scholarship program. In her service to the Section, she has organized social and community based events for its members. Events include, without limitation, an annual volunteer day with Habitat for Humanity, whereby members have the opportunity to work on various stages of ground up construction of residential homes in New Haven County. She also serves on the Executive Committee of The Risk Management Association (Connecticut/Western MA Chapter): Women In Banking.
Attorney Ballerini was named by the Connecticut Law Tribune a 2016 New Leaders in the Law. She recently completed Leadership Greater New Haven, a Greater New Haven Chamber of Commerce program.
Jane Elaine Ballerini graduated magna cum laude from Connecticut College. She earned her law degree at Quinnipiac University School of Law, graduating magna cum laude in 2010. She joined Neubert, Pepe & Monteith, P.C. in their Real Estate practice group in 2010 and was named a Partner in 2017. Attorney Ballerini practices in Connecticut and New York.
- The Risk Management Association (Connecticut/Western MA Chapter), Executive Committee Member, 2013-Present
- National Association of Development Companies, 504 Loan Closing, Participant, 2012
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Real Property Section, 2012-present; Executive Committee Member, 2013-Present; Co-Chair, Social Committee 2013- 2017; Member Legislative Committee 2018-present
- Commercial Finance Section, Vice Chair, 2015-Present
- Young Lawyers Section, Member, 2011-Present
- Model Residential Contract Subcommittee, Member, 2012-2013
- New Haven County Bar Association, Member
- Real Estate Committee, Contributor, 2014-Present
- The Foundation of the New Haven County Bar, Board Member, 2016-Present
- Fundraising Committee, Co-Chair, 2017
- The Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys, Inc. (ACFA), Member, 2018
- Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer, 2014-Present
- ASK A LAWYER 2013, Lawyer Referral Service, Volunteer
- Head of the Charles Regatta competitor, fundraiser for The New London Community Meal Center, Participant, 2013
- Leadership Greater New Haven, 2018.
- "Using The Environment Indemnity Agreement To Protect Lenders From Environmental Issues Arising With Commercial Real Property Collateral," The Risk Management Association Women in Banking Luncheon-Environmental Lending, 2014
- "SBA Lending: Documenting, Closing and Servicing 7(a) and CDC/504 Loans - Navigating SBA Approval and Authorization Process, Preserving the Loan Guaranty and Security Interest," Webinar Presenter, January, 2017
- "SBA Lending: Documenting, Closing and Servicing 7(a) and CDC/504 Loans - Navigating SBA Approval and Authorization Process and Best Closing Practices for Preserving the Loan Guaranty." Webinar Presenter, January, 2019
- "The Apparent Agency Doctrine in Connecticut's Medical Malpractice Jurisprudence: Using Legal Doctrine as a Platform for Change," Quinnipiac Health L.J. 317, 2010
- "Key Issues Facing Individual Debtors (And Their Counsel) When Filing For Chapter 11 Relief In The Post-BAPCPA Era," Co-Author, Best of ABI 2013: The Year in Consumer Bankruptcy, 2013
- Connecticut Law Tribune, 2016 New Leaders in the Law
- Connecticut and New England Super Lawyers Rising Star, Real Estate 2013-2018
- U. S. Small Business Administration Designated Attorney, Expedited 504 Loan Closings
- Quinnipiac University Law School: Editor-in-Chief, Quinnipiac Health Law Journal; Vice President, Law and Medicine Society; Distinguished Academic Achievement Awards in 6 classes; Excellence in Clinical Work; Service to the Law School; Award for Academic Excellence (graduating top 10%); Outstanding Legal Scholarship Award
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Oxford, Visiting Student
- Connecticut College, B.A., magna cum laude