Ingi-Mai Loorand is a member of the firm’s Taxation, Trusts & Estates practice group. Attorney Loorand’s practice focuses in the areas of estate planning, probate, trust administration and estate settlement. She provides sensitive and attentive service to clients of all ages and professions in identifying their estate planning needs. In addition, she counsels executors, trustees and beneficiaries in estate and trust administration and in all probate court matters.
Attorney Loorand creates individually tailored estate plans designed for multiple purposes: lifetime asset management; healthcare and financial decision-making in the event of incapacity; lifetime gift and asset distributions; protection of assets for blended families; management and control of assets for young, spendthrift or special needs beneficiaries; guardianship of minors; charitable giving; utilization of federal and state estate, gift and generation skipping transfer tax exemptions; and probate avoidance.
Speaking engagements include lectures on basic and sophisticated estate planning and settlement topics for the Connecticut Bar Association, New Haven County Bar Association, National Business Institute, Inc. in addition to community groups.
Attorney Loorand is a member of the American Bar Association, Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law as well as the Executive Committee of the Connecticut Bar Association, Estates & Probate Section. She is a member of the Connecticut Estate and Tax Planning Council and the New Haven County Bar Association, Trusts, Estates & Probate Committee. Attorney Loorand is a member of the Community Foundation for Greater New Haven Ambassadors committee as well as a Professional Advisor with the Foundation. She is a former board member of the Creative Arts Workshop, a former member of the Gaylord Hospital Planned Giving Advisory Group, as well as a former executive committee member of the Friends of Legal Services for South Central Connecticut.
Attorney Loorand graduated summa cum laude from the State University of New York at Stony Brook with a B.A. She earned an M.A. in World Music from Wesleyan University. Attorney Loorand earned her J.D. from Quinnipiac University School of Law, magna cum laude. She is admitted to practice in Connecticut.
- American Bar Association, Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Estates & Probate Section, Executive Committee, 2014-Present
- Connecticut Estate and Tax Planning Council, Member
- New Haven County Bar Association, Member
- Trusts, Estates & Probate Committee, Co-Chair, 2006-2011, Member, 2006-Present
- Creative Arts Workshop, Board Member, 2012 – Present
- Friends of Legal Services for South Central Connecticut, Board of Directors, 2004-2009
- Gaylord Hospital Planned Giving Advisory Group, Member
- Community Foundation for Greater New Haven, Ambassadors Committee, Member
- Professional Advisor
- “SOLD: A Bidder’s Right to appeal a Connecticut Probate Court Decree Ordering the Sale of Real Estate,” Quinnipiac Probate Law Journal, Volume 15, Nos. 3 & 4 (2001).
- Ingi-Mai Loorand lectures on estate planning and settlement topics for the Connecticut Bar Association, New Haven County Bar Association, National Business Institute, Inc. and community groups.
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Wesleyan University, M.A.
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, B.A., summa cum laude