MembershipsHonors & Awards
Danielle I. Duplessis practices in the areas of corporate transaction law and commercial litigation. Adept at regulatory review, Attorney Duplessis works with clients to address and rectify their legal matters, drafting changes to their corporate documents and preparing for the company’s future. She knows keenly that clients have different needs and in knowing each client well, representation is effectively tailored to their specific issues.
Attorney Duplessis represents corporations, primarily healthcare entities, in her corporate and transactional work. Corporate governance and contractual work for the healthcare industry is necessary when new entities are created, or if entities are being sold, merging or dissolving. Attorney Duplessis is knowledgeable about HIPAA and STARK and anti-kickback issues and other regulatory compliance topics that regularly affect clients in the healthcare industry.
In commercial litigation, Attorney Duplessis’ work involves bank foreclosures and collections, bank owned property sales, and note and mortgage loan sales.
Attorney Duplessis graduated from the University at Albany, State University of New York with a B.A. and earned her J.D. from Western New England University School of Law. She obtained an LL.M. in Health Care Law from the University of Washington School of Law. While in law school, she received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Juvenile Justice. Attorney Duplessis is licensed to practice in Connecticut and Massachusetts and the U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut.
- American Society of Medical Association Counsel, Member
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Health Law Section, Member
- Massachusetts Bar Association Health Law Council, Member
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section, Member
- New Haven County Bar Association, Member
- American Associates for Justice Moot Court Team, Western New England University School of Law
- CALI Award for Excellence in Juvenile Justice
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- University of Washington School of Law, LL.M. Health Care Law
- Western New England University School of Law, J.D.
- University at Albany, State University of New York, B.A.