MembershipsCommunityHonors & AwardsSpeaking
Aigné S. Goldsby focuses her practice on medical malpractice defense, commercial litigation, professional liability and insurance defense matters. Thus far in her legal practice, Attorney Goldsby has gained extensive experience in pretrial and trial proceedings. She has taken and defended over ninety depositions and completed four jury trials to verdict. Attorney Goldsby’s clients have included insurance companies, municipalities, product manufacturers, and school districts.
Attorney Goldsby received her Bachelor of Arts from Bryn Mawr College in 2011 and her Juris Doctor from the University of Connecticut School of Law in 2016. During law school, Attorney Goldsby was an Executive Editor of the Connecticut Journal of International Law, an Officer of the Black Law Students Association, and Co-chair of the Diversity Committee. She also worked for the U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division in Washington, D.C. and was a judicial intern to the Honorable William H. Bright, Jr.
Attorney Goldsby is currently President-elect of the George W. Crawford Black Bar Association and will begin her Presidency in June 2019. She also sits on the Board of Directors for the Lawyer’s Collaborative for Diversity and the ACLU of Connecticut. In 2018, Attorney Goldsby founded Black Esquire LLC, an organization that provides opportunities and resources for current and future black and minority legal professionals. Black Esquire seeks to increase the quantity and quality of minorities in the legal profession.
Prior to joining Neubert, Pepe & Monteith, P.C. in March 2018, Attorney Goldsby worked for the Connecticut office of a national defense firm defending insurance companies and product manufacturers in asbestos defense litigation. She also worked as trial counsel for a Fortune 500 insurance company.
- George W. Crawford Black Bar Association
- Board of Directors, 2017-2018
- President-elect, 2018-2019
- President, 2019-Present
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Young Lawyers Section, Executive Committee
- Litigation Section, Member
- Insurance Law Section, Member
- Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association
- Lawyer’s Collaborative for Diversity, Board Member
- ACLU of Connecticut, Board Member, Executive Committee, Legal Committee
- Pro bono Expulsion Project, Volunteer Attorney
- Law Camp, Volunteer Mock Trial Coach
- Project Youth Court, Volunteer Judge
- Hartford Promise, Volunteer Mentor
- Connecticut Law Tribune, New Leaders in the Law, 2018
- Connecticut Journal of International Law, Executive Editor
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society
- “Depositions 101,” Panel Moderator, Connecticut Bar Association, December 2018
- “The Dirty Harry Syndrome: Preventing & Remedying Police Misconduct,” September 2018
- “Women in the Law and How Men Can Be Allies,” Quinnipiac Women’s Law society, November 2017
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D.
- Bryn Mawr College, B.A.